Strategically deciding on the type of business structure, applying for a number, choosing the availability of the business name and registering it to the appropriate department are all part of the process. Considering setting up a business on the Mainland, a preliminary approval and trade name registration is released by the Department of Economic Development of the respective emirate.
Registering business in UAE may be advantageous considering factors such as;
- UAE National as business sponsors with written and notarized agreements
- Consider “Free Zone” if the company desires 100% ownership.
- Deciding on the best business location, objectives and costs.
- Complete Visa requirements and eligibility
- Hiring an UAE Company Registered agent to be of help throughout the process
Types of Business in UAE
- Most common type to be registered in UAE
- Full/complete operating rights within the country
- Actual offices established in the country
- UAE residents as shareholders/sponsor
- For foreign investors, ownership is limited to 49% while the sponsor is entitled to 51%.
- Operated through association or partnership to conduct professional and/or consultant activities.
- Allows multiple shareholders
- 100% Foreign ownership
- Requires UAE national partner or local service agent for professional activities
- 100% financial liability
- Owned by a single individual (UAE national and GCC national only)
- 100% liable for any financial obligations
- Requires only 1 manager to operate
- Can be established with one shareholder
- Allowed to have branches and perform operations same as that of the main firm.
- No minimum capital requirements (Startup costs are generally low)
- Actual offices must be established
- Advises from Sovereign Consultants on the type of activities intended to conduct is necessary.
UAE has 35 free zones where entrepreneurs and organizations may engaged to
- Operation inside UAE but within the “free-zone” borders
- Actual offices within the free zone borders are required
- Full ownership
- Import and Export tax exemption
- 100% recovery of capital and profits
- Convenient set-up process outside the country
- Facilitated by either Jebel Eli Offshore Company or RAK International Corporate Centre
- Allows virtual offices
- No taxes implemented
- No licence required
We welcome your enquiries and concerns. Our friendly business consultants look forward to assist you.